Mr Onyekachi Nwebonyi, on Monday, urged the Federal High Court, Abuja, to vacate the order, restraining him from parading himself as the chairman of the Ebonyi Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
Nwebonyi, who was accompanied by his lawyer, Roy Umahi, told newsmen shortly after filing court processes in Abuja: ”I am in court to let the court know that I am not aware of the pendency of the suit and I was not served the processes before the order was granted.
“I am here now to file my processes and defend myself in the suit and to ask the court to vacate that order because it was gotten at my back.
“The applicant has my address; they have my home address, they have my office address and they have my address in Abakaliki but I was never served by any bailiff,” he said.
He expressed disappointment over the order sacking him.
“It is unfortunate that people can come behind a party and get a fraudulent judgement suspending me as chairman.
“I got to read about my suspension via a motion on notice by an applicant through the social media.
“The point is I was never served any process, all I know is that I and other PDP executives filed a law suit against the caretaker committee led by Fred Udeogu at both the Federal High Court Abakaliki and the state high court.
“We have done filings, exchanged processes, argued cases, and have got adjournment for ruling only for them in their bid to prove the impossibility obtained this order against me.
“This order cannot stand because it was obtained in error,” Nwebonyi said.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court had earlier granted an order of interlocutory injunction, restraining Nwebonyi and five others from parading as members of the state executive committee.
In the suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/1609/2020, between Hon. Fred Udeogu and 11 others Vs. Barr. Onyekachi Nwebonyi and five others, Justice Ekwo also restrained the defendants from using the PDP state secretariat in Ebonyi or any of its property still in their custody.
The court equally ordered the police and Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to desist from giving any form of recognition whatsoever from all the restrained parties.
The judge then adjourned the matter until Feb. 4 for hearing of the substantive suit.(NAN)