Connect with us

News

Fire Guts Apongbon Market

Published

on

 

A fire outbreak on Sunday gutted sections of the popular Apongbon Market in Lagos.

Although details of the fire and its cause are still sketchy, it was gathered that it started at in the morning with the blaze raging on till well past 10 am.

Confirming the incident, the General Manager of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, blamed the fire on electricity issue.

He, however, told Channels Television that men of the fire service have succeeded in bringing the situation under control.

“We are able to put out the fire as soon as possible. It affected eight containers. The major source of this fire was due to the upsurge of electricity,” he said.

Speaking on the casualties, LASEMA boss said no life was lost in the tragic event.

-Channels TV

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *